I am an independent teacher, not affiliated to any organisation. My passion is to share the
ancient philosophies and benefits of Yoga and Ayurveda to help others to find peace of mind and well being in a holistic way in the modern world. To enhance this experience I offer retreats, in depth workshops and individual private and therapeutic sessions, lifestyle advice, therapeutic massage and whole food cookery.
As well as traditional Yoga and Ayurveda I offer female inspired and empowering practices and teachings. I share the practices which I myself practice and of which I have personal experience. Practices offered are varied, adapted for the individual and the group and range from traditional Yoga to Well Woman and Yoga therapy styles as well as Yoga Nidra.
In my sharing of everything I offer I aim to be realistic about life and its challenges and therefore may share some of my own life experiences in order to illustrate how Yoga can help you to overcome the difficulties and challenges which we can all face on a daily basis.
I incorporate Yoga and Ayurveda myself as part of my everyday life. I love to practice and fully embrace creativity, fluidity and holistic approaches using the physical as well as philosophical aspects of these ancient arts.
- Registered general nurse ~ experience of working with people with substance misuse and mental health issues as well as extensive physical health needs since 1994.
- Devon School of Yoga Foundation Course ~ completed 2007
- Devon School of Yoga Teacher Training ~ completed 2009 (500 hours)
- Indian Head Massage with Bristol School of Holistic Therapies (2010)
- Devon School of Yoga Therapist training ~ completed 2012 (200 hours)
- Extensive study with Debbie Mills ~ includes 3 day retreat focusing on Bandhas (2010), week long retreat focusing on general practice (2011), two 30 hour immersions focusing on all aspects of practise, energetics and philosophy (2012 and 2013).
- Study with Srivasta Ramaswami (direct student of Krishnmacharya and teacher of Debbie Mills and Steve Brandon)
- 30 hour Raja Yoga practicum completed 2012.
- 25 hour Vinyasa krama teachers intensive May 2014.
- Yoga therapy for the internal organs May 2015.
- Past studies also include Doug Swenson (2014), David Swenson (2012) and Diane Long (2008).
- Assistant with International Macrobiotic Cookery School (South Devon) 2012-2014
- Mindfulness tutor training (MBRP) June 2015 with Sarah Bowden and Devin Ashwood.
- Ayurvedic Massage Therapy training with Sunita Passi of Tridosha April 2015.
- Ayurveda Philosophy study with Robert Svaboda completed 2015.
- Catering for Yoga retreats and Yoga festival (Totnes, Devon, New Moon Yoga retreats, Holistic Yoga Retreats) since 2015
- Living Ayurveda further study incorporating diet and lifestyle, completed May 2016.
- Yoga for Self Regulation and Trauma (via podcast) with Hala Khouri form ‘Off the mat into the world.’ Completed June 2016.
- Yoga Nidra training with Yoga Nidra Network completed 2016
- Well Woman Yoga Therapy (Womb Yoga) Teacher Training with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli completed June 2017
- Resident Yoga teacher Amchara detox retreat UK (from February 2018)
- Chef at EcoYoga Scotland from June 2018 - June 2019
- Founder and partner of The Yoga Retreat India December 2018
- Yoga teacher and Ayurvedic therapist with the Sunita Passi wellness centre, June 2019
- Continuing self study and practice with Steve Brandon of Harmony Yoga and Ayurveda and Normal Blair
- Booking and support for The Sitaram Partnership, Yoni Shakti and Yoga Nidra Network. Please see The Source for more information on this work. June 2019
- Ayurveda and Yoga with the Sunita Passi Wellness Centre June 2019
I'm usually away working on retreats so I don't use a phone and it may take a few days to respond, please be patient!
You can contact me by emailing: email@example.com.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or other Yoga, Ayurveda and women's empowerment issues!
I'm always up for a debate and questions!