I facilitate Yoga classes, workshops, and retreats and offer massage therapy at various lovely venues in Devon (and occasionally further afield), sharing my passion for the Holistic Yoga lifestyle.
I incorporate Yoga and Ayurveda myself as part of my everyday life. I love to practice and fully embrace creativity, fluidity and holistic approaches using the physical as well as philosophical aspects of these practices.
I share the practices which I myself practice and experience within Yoga groups or on a one to one basis. Practices offered are varied and range from traditional Yoga to Well Woman and Yoga therapy styles as well as Yoga Nidra.
I am a Yoga Alliance and Independent Yoga Network Registered teacher and a member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists. My passion is to share the ancient philosophies and benefits of Yoga and Ayurveda to help others to find peace of mind and well being in a holistic way in the modern world. To enhance this experience I now offer regular retreats, weekly classes, in depth workshops and individual private and therapeutic sessions as well as lifestyle advice and therapeutic massage.
- Registered general nurse ~ experience of working with people with substance misuse and mental health issues as well as extensive physical health needs since 1994.
- Devon School of Yoga Foundation Course ~ completed 2007
- Devon School of Yoga Teacher Training ~ completed 2009 (500 hours)
- Indian Head Massage with Bristol School of Holistic Therapies (2010)
- Devon School of Yoga Therapist training ~ completed 2012 (200 hours)
- Extensive study with Debbie Mills ~ includes 3 day retreat focusing on Bandhas (2010), week long retreat focusing on general practice (2011), two 30 hour immersions focusing on all aspects of practise, energetics and philosophy (2012 and 2013).
- Study with Srivatsa Ramaswami (direct student of Krishnmacharya and teacher of Debbie Mills)
- 30 hour Raja Yoga practicum completed 2012.
- 25 hour Vinyasa krama teachers intensive May 2014.
- Yoga therapy for the internal organs May 2015.
- Past studies also include Doug Swenson (2014), David Swenson (2012) and Diane Long (2008).
- Mindfulness tutor training (MBRP) June 2015 with Sarah Bowden and Devin Ashwood.
- Ayurvedic Massage Therapy training with Sunita Passi of Tridosha April 2015.
- Ayurveda Philosophy study with Robert Svaboda completed 2015.
- Living Ayurveda further study incorporating diet and lifestyle, completed May 2016.
- Yoga for Self Regulation and Trauma (via podcast) with Hala Khouri form ‘Off the mat into the world.’ Completed June 2016.
- Yoga Nidra training with Yoga Nidra Network completed 2016
- Well Woman Yoga Therapy (Womb Yoga) Teacher Training with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli completed June 2017
- Continuing self study and practice with Steve Brandon of Harmony Yoga and Ayurveda.